Parking is a place to park cars, according to traffic rules it is not a carriageway, but the rules also apply there. In this article we will tell you about some rules that you should not howl in a parking lot, and what you should be aware of.
1. PLEASE READ CAREFULLY THE OPERATION AND MAINTENANCE MANUAL OF THE CAR LIFT
It is extremely important to use and comply with all the rules for using the parking lift. Increase your safety and security of vehicles and read all technical documentation for exactly the type of equipment that you intend to operate. Make sure you know all safety signals.
Need advice before using a parking lift? Contact Mutrade and get professional advice from experts!
2. INSPECT THE CAR LIFT BEFORE STARTING OPERATION
Perform a functional and visual inspection every day before parking, starting only after confirming that the parking equipment is in good condition.
3. ALWAYS CHECK LIFT LOADING CAPACITY
Make sure not to exceed the permitted maximum loading capacity under any circumstances. Excessive overloading is strictly prohibited for safety reasons and in order to prolong the life of the parking equipment.
* All Mutrade parking equipment is equipped with a safety system that blocks the lifting of loads exceeding the maximum allowable capacity. The maximum weight of your lift is stated in the technical manual.
4. BE CAREFUL DURING OPERATION
Don't let yourself be distracted during operating the car lift. Remember to provide an optimal view of the parking area. If it is difficult to see the entire area, it is best to take a few steps back.
5. MAKE A CLEARANCE BETWEEN THE TOP OF THE LOWER CAR AND THE PLATFORM AT LEAST 50 CM
The distance from the top of the vehicle to the raised platform must always be at least 50 cm when parking with a vehicle lift. If the parking lift is installed indoors, for the safety of your car, provide a clearance of at least 50 cm between the car roof and the ceiling.
* Find out more from Mutrade consultants about the option to equip the car lift with additional limit switch when installing a car lift in a room with limited ceiling height.
6. FOLLOW ROAD RULES
Before leaving the car, turn off the engine, move the gearbox selector to the Parking position and apply the parking brake.
Care must be taken when entering / exiting the platform.
Restrictions apply to parking lots. Avoid sudden starts, braking or any speed gradients when driving. The parking process should be carried out at moderate speeds. Sudden movements can lead to various consequences, the result of which is unpredictable.
Read the news on our website and stay up to date with the news in the world of automated parking. How to choose a parking lift or how to take care of it and not overpay for maintenance and a lot of useful things - contact Mutrade and we will help you choose the most effective solution and answer all your questions.